Monday, February 16, 2009


Too bad exercising my brain doesn't burn too many calories.

Word of the Day

Papertexting - To jot down a note on a scrap of paper, take a camera phone snapshot of it, and picture message (MMS) it over to a friend; often more expressive and expensive than regular SMS text.


HTP and I will be starting back on our diet today. Actually, we'll only be kind of dipping our toes back into the diet lake...at least until the leftovers are all gone. I refuse to waste food. I've got so much food in my fridge that every time I need to take something out or put something back into the fridge, I feel like I'm playing a game of Tetris. Everything fits but only if you put stuff in the exact right spot. We've got leftovers from Valentine's Day and from my birthday dinner. I've got a huge tub of spring mix lettuce because it was cheaper to buy the huge tub of lettuce than one teeny tiny bag of the stuff so we'll be eating LOTS of lettuce in the coming days. It's a good thing that lettuce is on the diet. I may freeze the rest of my birthday cake. It was REALLY good and LOADED with calories. OK...maybe I'll just freeze all but a couple of slivers. Martyrdom really isn't something that I'm striving for as a personal goal. I think I might freeze the See's chocolates that HTP gave me for Valentine's Day too...after I've enjoyed a couple of non-frozen pieces of chocolate candy. Everyone knows that frozen chocolate candy doesn't have as many calories as non-frozen chocolate candy. Right?

Murphyism of the Day

The Ninth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Major changes in construction will always be requested after fabrication is nearly completed.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.

- Steve Jobs

No comments: