Friday, February 13, 2009


Old Blond Frog

Word of the Day

Panetelarium - Another word for planetarium. Used when one feels like expressing their words uniquely to suggest they don't understand the science of planetary bodies.


Yesterday, I finished the last half of the last grapefruit from my tree. I still ate a half of a grapefruit this morning. My neighbor gave me a big bag of grapefruit from her tree. I love grapefruit. There is no more fruit on any of my trees...well...except the pink peppercorns on the Brazilian pepper trees. I don't plan on picking ALL of those. Too much work. Besides, I have enough pink peppercorns already picked, cleaned, and dried. I had to drag the ladder out of the garage in order to reach the last few tangelos.

My neighbor's husband just got out of the hospital and will be staying at a transitional care facility for the next few weeks. I baked some of my famous sugarfree brownies for him this morning. I'll bring them over to the neighbor's house as soon as they're cool enough so she can bring them to him.

Murphyism of the Day

The Sixth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


If only one bid can be secured on any project, the price will be unreasonable.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.

- Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

No comments: