Tuesday, February 10, 2009



Word of the Day

Pairification - 1. The coupling of two objects, ideas or elements in a particular course of study. 2. The coupling or adjoining of multiple (most often two) closely related ideas, elements or objects in a particular course of study. 3. The putting together of two similar objects.


I've finished all the books that I needed to read and judge for the contest. After filling out all the paperwork, I've got my judging sheets in their envelopes and ready to mail. Sadly, none of the books that I had to read were really my favorite kind of reading. However, even though I wouldn't have actually bought any of these books, some of them were fun reads...and best of all...I didn't have to pay to read any of them. You can't really argue with free. I didn't even have to pay for the required postage to send in my judging papers. Well...it's back to re-reading books written by my favorite authors. Unlike some people, I don't mind re-reading my favorite books. Visiting with old friends.

Murphyism of the Day

The Third Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


In any formula, constants (especially those obtained from engineering handbooks) are to be treated as variables.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The world is full of women blindsided by the unceasing demands of motherhood, still flabbergasted by how a job can be terrific and torturous.

- Anna Quindlen

No comments: