Sunday, February 22, 2009



Word of the Day

PBD - Programmer Brain Damage; a label applied to bug reports revealing places where the program was obviously broken by an incompetent or short-sighted programmer.


I've got three batches of Arancello and one batch of Limoncello ready to sit for the next forty days in a cool dark area of my closet. I finally finished filtering and getting that last jar sealed and toted off to the closet at supper time last night.

Allergy season has started. I woke up with a sinus headache. No-one needs to tell me that the time I've been spending outdoors hasn't been helpful when it comes to my allergies. I noted that my citrus trees are starting to develop teeny tiny blossom buds. It's not the citrus trees that are causing my allergies; it's all that other stuff that's starting to blossom.

Murphyism of the Day

The Fifteenth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Any device requiring service or adjustment will be least accessible.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

By learning to discover and value our ordinariness, we nurture a friendliness toward ourselves and the world that is the essence of a healthy soul.

- Thomas Moore (1779 - 1852)

No comments: