Monday, February 09, 2009


It's not this cold in The Valley of the Sun

Word of the Day

Obe - Overcome By Events, used to designate dead projects that were overwhelmed and defeated.


It's snowing up in northern Arizona right now. We're supposed to be getting more rain down here in The Valley of the Sun. In the meantime, I'm glad HTP and I got the yard work done. It's really windy...and cold...outside. However, having said that, there's a possibility that I might not have to dig out the sheets for another sheet dance. The revised forecast is for cold but not for FREEZING temperatures. I'll have to keep a careful eye on the weather forecast. Tuesday night is still a bit iffy. I'm not really complaining. I'm sure that it's a lot colder at The Lake right now.

Murphyism of the Day

The Second Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Any error in any calculation will be in the direction of most harm.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.

- Franklin P. Jones

No comments: