Friday, June 11, 2004

0 Days Before We Leave for Wisconsin

We're leaving this morning. The U-Haul is all packed. Yesterday was memorable. By the time we got everything into that U-Haul trailer, we were all exhausted. And then we had to finish up packing and clean the house. We still have to load up the car this morning but...

All our bags are packed and we're ready to go...almost. I'll try to blog at the various planned stops along the way. I've never towed a trailer before. A new and wonderful experience. First stop..Albuquerque.

******

We drove the long drive to Albuquerque towing a 12-foot demon of a trailer. Actually it wasn't all that bad. We stopped in Heber at the Red Onion for lunch. Don't order the french fries. I forgot about how bad they were the last time we went through Heber. Note to self...never order the french fries even if you are desperate for carbohydrates. HTP drove the car towing the demon trailer all the way from Phoenix to Heber. I drove the car towing the demon trailer all the way from Heber to Gallup, NM. HTP took over the drive from Gallup to Albuquerque. I took over driving the other car which #1 son had been driving. He was a bit tired. I must say it was far nicer driving the other car. Driving a car towing a demon trailer isn't really all the fun.

I'm going to have to skip my Murphyism and Trivia segments for the next few days...unless I can come up with something truly original since my books are all packed up in the car, in a box, taped shut. I might have been able to come up with something original but I've pretty worn out after towing a demon trailer behind my beautiful gas guzzler.

No comments: