Tuesday, June 29, 2004

OK. I'll make this a fast one so I can say that I've blogged. I've been really really busy. After making breakfast for everyone (blueberry pancakes and bacon), I started doing laundry. While the first load was washing, I went outside to pick some rhubarb. I dug out my recipe for rhubarb pie and my recipe for rhubarb cake. I couldn't decide which I wanted to make so I cut up enough rhubarb to make both. Then I cut up enough rhubarb to make another batch of rhubarb-strawberry jam. I already had some rhubarb prepped for a batch but I wanted to make two batches of jam. One with sugar and one without. More laundry. Then I had to make lunch. More laundry and while I'm there I grabbed some clean jam jars and lids to sterilize. Then I prepped a rhubarb pie and tossed it into the oven. Dragged out my enamel pot and made a batch of jam. Can someone please tell me why the phone always has to ring just when I'm in the middle of the most crucial point of making something? And why HTP can't tell our landscaper himself that the grass isn't long enough yet for mowing? Jars all sterilized and I'm ladling jam into jars. One batch down, one to go. I have to cover the pie crust before it gets too brown. 30 minutes to go on the pie. More laundry. I cleaned out my enamel pot and started batch number two of rhubarb-strawberry jam (sugarless this time). Again...the phone rings. I think it was my Dad having problems with his DSL. I think HTP was able to take care of it because my second batch is now in the jars and I didn't even get burned this time while juggling a phone. More laundry. I labeled all the new jars. My laundry is done. Just as I've collapsed to blog...the phone rings. That's OK. It was my sister and besides...I was done...except of my blog. I figured that I'd blog later. Supper. Steak on the grill topped with garlic mushrooms and fresh salad. Sugarless rhubarb pie for dessert. But see? I've been busy. I don't plan to be this busy tomorrow. Did I mention that I also covered my blueberry bushes with tulle so the birds don't get my berries this year? Oh. And I weeded too.

Murphyism of the Day

Phones wait until you are at the most crucial point of whatever you are doing before they ring.

Kids wait until you are on the phone or in the bathroom before they demand your undivided attention.

No comments: