Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I still haven't thought up a header that I like. It's too soon to start counting down the time before we head back to Arizona. I'm just not that anxious to get back there right now. The temperature here is 65°F though if I didn't know any better I'd think I was in Oregon or Washington right now. It's grey and dreary and moist. We must have had some rain last night but there weren't any storms. I always equate that sort of rain and this sort of weather with Oregon.

HTP and son are both still in bed. Perfect sleeping weather. Probably just as well since I'd have little opportunity to write this if they were up and about. We haven't set up our wireless network as yet so I don't have my own private computer. I think I'll try and do some laundry today since the water seems to be clearing up. I'll still use Yellow Out on the whites and lights. Other then that we may go into the big town/city and get our drivers licenses.

#1 son is anxious to get a fishing license too. I hope they don't fuss about us getting resident fishing licenses. I do not want to have to live here 30 days before I can do any fishing this year. We've always had to buy non-resident fishing licenses despite all the property taxes we've been paying for years and years. They're expensive. I'm looking forward to saving that small amount of money this year. HTP has to send for a new boat license too.

Murphyism of the Day

Gualtieri's Law of Inertia

Where there's a will, there's a won't.

Fahnstock's Rule for Failure

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Kaiser's Comment on Zymurgy

Never open a can of worms unless you plan to go fishing.

I found my The Complete Murphy's Law A Definitive Collection by Arthur Bloch yesterday but I've decided that I really need to get a new Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. Until that time, I will suspend my Trivia of the Day segment. Besides, it seems that I have a far easier time thinking up original Murphyisms which probably says something about my life but I won't dwell to closely on it.

No comments: