Monday, June 14, 2004

Day 4 On the Road to Wisconsin

We had a nice breakfast with our Omaha daughter before hitting the road again. We stopped for lunch at The Machine Shed in Iowa. The driving weather was great! No rain in sight. After some consideration, our caravan decided to split up when we reached the outskirts of St. Paul, Minnesota. My husband decided to take the Buick on to visit his parents in Shoreview, Minnesota before heading to Wisconsin later in the evening. #1 son and I drove the other vehicle, towing the demon trailer on to Wisconsin. Of course we had to stop and pick up fireworks in Baldwin. And while we were there, right across the street from Fireworks World, there was a real A&W Rootbeer Restaurant, so of course we had to stop for supper and a frost mug of real A&W rootbeer. Nothing is better then a real A&W rootbeer served in a real frosty glass A&W rootbeer mug. After that we continued to Rice Lake, where we picked up groceries. My Discover credit card was rejected so I had to use my Visa credit card. I knew what the problem was immediately but couldn't do anything about it until arriving at The Lake where I could phone them. They thought someone had stolen my credit card. I know I should be grateful that they're so careful but it's becoming a bit inconvenient....and embarassing. Oh well...I'm at The Lake and I took care of the problem. I have all my groceries unpacked. It's too late to call my folks across The Lake to let them know that we've arrived safely. HTP arrived 5 minutes before we did because it took us so long doing the grocery shopping...and fireworks shopping. And then there was that little problem with the demon trailer. We had opened it to put the fireworks inside and then couldn't close the demonic trailer door. It took us a while and a bit of surgery to finally successfully close the demonic trailer door and we didn't leave a trail of #1 son's stuff along the highway as we crossed the remaining miles to The Lake.

Murphyism of the Day

If you are doing something that you don't want anyone to know about, something will happen to make it so everyone will know about it.

When you finally learn how to do something, you probably won't need to do that something ever again.

No comments: