Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I'll have to think of a new header but until then...

We're in Wisconsin

I was finally able to fall into bed last night....early this morning...after I vacuumed up all the tiny little lady bugs that were dead and alive on almost every surface of the house. And then HTP had to remove that dead mouse from our closet. But aside from all that, it's really wonderful to be here.

HTP and son unloaded the entire trailer and all the stuff is now sitting in my downstairs family room until we find places for it all. I think I'm going to have to invest in some bookcases. While they were unloading the trailer, I was the official door opener and closer. This was such a demanding job that in between times, I pulled and yanked out half a forest of weeds from my flower beds. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I did a thing. I think, like Hydra, for every single weed that I pulled six more rose to fill in the gaps. I may have to mix up some poison to hit them with because there looks like at least two forests worth of weeds out there...and then some. Apparently, they've had a bit of rain this spring. (Understatement of the year). It's supposed to rain tonight. On the plus side, it was really cold last night. Only an Arizonan would appreciate that last comment.

HTP went off to town to return the rental trailer and buy more supplies. I never know until I actually rummage through things after a nine month absence, what I'll need to buy. I need a really good cleaner to take care of the showers and tubs. I'm almost out of dishwasher detergent and rinse. I went to grab some sandwich bags and there weren't any. I bought some mayonaise but find that I did not need that but I'll use it this summer but I'm out of mustard. Good thing I bought coffee and creamer. Oh well...I just sent #1 son off to get ice (my ice maker is still producing rusty cubes) and ice cream. Both of those items have to be bought a bit closer to home then the stores HTP is planning to visit after returning the U-Haul. It's nice to have two cars here.

I still haven't found the books I use to provide my Murphyism of the Day segment and Trivia segment. But...

Murphyism of the Day

For every weed that you see and pull there are at least six that you didn't see and that your mother-in-law will notice.

No comments: