Thursday, June 17, 2004

It's Official

I'm now an official Wisconsin resident (dheesehead). We all drove into the parking lot of the DMV and walked into the waiting room. We filled out the necessary paperwork to get our driver's licenses and get the registration for our cars transfered. It was at this point that we discovered that we had forgotten to bring along the titles for our cars. We don't keep those in the cars. Apparently we don't keep those here in Wisconsin either. I know where they are. They are safe and sound in our safety deposit box back at the bank in Arizona. Oops. No problem. We can do the title thing later. We walked up to the desk (all three of us) to get our driver's licenses. We needed to have two forms of ID. This we had. But then they wanted proof that we live here. A bill? A letter addressed to us? Anything? We have a P.O. Box. We pay our bills online. We've only been here less then a week. We haven't gotten too much mail yet. But even if we had, we didn't know that we were supposed to bring it with us to show them. She finally agreed to look us up in the phone book. We're listed in the phone book. Here's where rural Wisconsin varies from Arizona. Wisconsin DMV didn't make us go all the way back (25 miles) back home to get our property tax statement or wait until we got some "official" mail. Wisconsin DMV accepted the fact that we were listed in the phone book by name and address as proof that we live here. Of course we had to beg but I can beg. So we have shiny new Wisconsin plates for our cars and shiny new driver's licenses. I actually look like the picture on mine. I wonder if I can renew my license via the internet in 2008? My license expires on my birthday in 2008 and we'll be in Arizona. They'll probably make me renew early. Anyway, our next step is get our insurance transferred over. I think we'll wait until next week for that. I'm all worn out just writing about our adventures yesterday in this blog. Oh...and I have to talk "them" into giving us resident fishing licenses. I know you have to be a resident for 30 days before you qualify but...

Aside from all that we now have a shiny new mailbox up at the road. HTP and son installed it last night. And (this tidbit is for my brother)we took our garbage cans up to the road because BFI is collecting this morning. I'll be finishing up the laundry today too.

Murphyism of the Day

Evans' and Bjorn's Law

No matter what goes wrong, there is always somebody who knew it would.

No comments: