Sunday, June 20, 2004

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. We took our group of fathers out for a Sunday buffet at the Blue Hills Supper Club. We dined in a lovely dining room surrounded by windows looking out onto the beautiful countryside. We were entertained by hummingbirds, goldfinch and redbreasted grossbeak at the numerous feeders set out by the windows. The food was plentiful and delicious. They even had hot fudge sundaes for dessert. I might be hungry by supper time but I have my doubts. I promised #1 son that I would make fish for supper. He caught two rock bass last night which I had to clean. Two little fish aren't enough for supper but I do have some frozen fish from last fall that I can add. Besides, I'm not too hungry yet.

My garden is all planted. I finished planting it (the ants succumbed to the poison)yesterday afternoon. I was afraid that we may get some rain today but so far we haven't seen a drop. The weather is sunny but breezy. I'm sitting on our deck with the laptop as I write this. I had to raise the umbrella to block the sun and I'm enjoying the sound of the hummingbirds as they dash and flash. I haven't put out my finch feeders as yet. I've been warned that the black bear in the area have been raiding the bird feeders. I'm not sure I want to encourage that sort of activity. Nor am I sure I want to see a black bear standing on the deck some morning. I doubt the little gate that I have that guards the top of the stairs leading off my deck to the lake would stop a black bear.

Murphyism of the Day

Grossman's Misquote of H.L. Menchken

Complex problems have simple, easy-to-understand wrong answers.

No comments: