Wednesday, June 09, 2004

2 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

I have a U-Haul trailer attached to my car. It's parked in front of my house. Of course there isn't anything in it yet but that should be taken care of, at least partially, by tonight. I'm as packed as I can get. #1 son is working on it. My dining room is filled with boxes again. My house is starting to look remarkably like it looked right after the movers departed when we first moved into this house. I'm going to have to crack the whip when we do finally get to Wisconsin. I don't want to see even one box that isn't collapsed and stored in the garage up there. I'll give it a week. #1 son never actually unpacked his stuff from the old house, knowing that he'd have to move it all to Wisconsin. Actually, this did make a certain amount of sense so I didn't press the point. Even though he'll be "moving" to a dorm room come fall, he will unpack those boxes this time. He'll be living at the lake for a full four years. Unpacking will be manditory.

Murphyism of the Day

Addendum to Murphy's Law

In precise mathematical terms, 1+1=2,where "=" is a symbol meaning "seldom if ever."

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The Ice Hotel, Jukkasjarvi, Lapland, Sweden, has rooms for 100 people, a chapel, a cinema, and a world-famous Absolut Ice Bar. The hotel is made entirely of ice.

No comments: