Monday, June 28, 2004

#1 son has his friend here and now I have a new firepit. Last night I enjoyed a firework exhibition put on by #1 son and his friend from the upper deck. I was on the upper deck. They were putting on the exhibition off our dock. I was a bit concerned that someone might complain about all the booming. The loons did seem a bit upset, calling out after each display. No one else seemed to mind. Maybe all the noise will have frightened off our black bears.

We haven't had an excessive amount of rain. I suppose I'll have to water the garden again...then it'll rain. It's been cool but sunny. As I drove down our driveway (1/2 mile long), I noticed that the drive is lined on both sides with raspberry bushes with lots of green berries on them. If it ever warms up I'll have lots of wild raspberries this year. My blueberry bushes are loaded too. It's too early for blackberry bushes. They're just blooming right now.

I make jam. I'm going to try and get out to pull some more rhubarb so I can make another batch of rhubarb/strawberry jam and some rhubarb pie. #1 son's friend says his mom loves rhubarb/strawberry jam so I thought I'd make some for her to send back with him when he goes home.

Murphyism of the Day

Advanced Law of the Search

The first place to look for anything is the last place you would expect to find it.

Maryann's Law

You can always find what you're not looking for.

No comments: