Monday, June 21, 2004

Bear Alert

Aside from the first bear sighting of the year on the day we visited the DMV when it ran across the road behind our car, we've had another sighting. We saw two bears this time. A Mama Bear and a Baby Bear. I didn't see the Papa Bear. Anyway, this was right at the end of the concrete portion of my driveway. That's a bit close for me. That's where my dogs like to "walk". I've been letting my dogs "walk" off leash because our house here is on 130 acres and we don't have any really close neighbors. Not human neighbors anyway. Apparently we have a couple of bear neighbors so I'll have to walk the dogs on leash now. I guess this settles the question as to whether or not I should put out a finch feeder this year.

I also have had my first woodtick. Not embedded. I woke up in the middle of the night (I'm a light sleeper...a very light sleeper) and found it walking on my nightshirt. I picked it up between my thumb and forefinger, wrapped it in small piece of toilet paper and sent it to a watery grave in my septic system. I flushed it.

Murphyism of the Day

Ducharme's Precept

Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

No comments: