Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I will never understand men. I'm not sure if, as a woman, I'm supposed to understand them but I still try. What made me think of this? Towels. I was folding towels. Last year I noticed that a couple of our hand towels were getting "ratty". They weren't expensive towels. K-Mart specials. They still worked. But they were unraveling and frayed on one side and it was bothering me. So last summer I trimmed off the frayed part of the towels and hemmed them. Now they looked strange because the one side didn't match the other. I crotchet. It's no big deal. My mother taught me the basics and I've been doing it ever since. Instead of buying some store-bought lace or trim, I decided to crotchet a trim on the "funny" edge of these towels. I had plenty of crotchet cotton available. Anyway, they turned out looking great! Too great for HTP. Now HTP won't use them. Why?! Because these old towels that I resurrected from the garbage (because that's where they were heading if I didn't do something with them), these old towels were too good to be used for every day. They now must be saved for guests and decoration. Huh? It's not me that's saying this, it's HTP. All I had to do was put a little cotton trim (washable) on a towel and it became useless. Sigh. If he did laundry, he's probably put them in with the delicate cycle. But can I train the man not to use my good cooking knives to open boxes? No sir, I just don't understand men.

Murphyism of the Day

Rune's Rule

IF you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.

No comments: