Tuesday, June 08, 2004

3 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

The next time I do laundry, we'll be in Wisconsin. I hope I have some Yellow Out up there. Those first few times I do laundry in Wisconsin are a bit iffy. The water is always "rusty" for those first few days. Yellow Out works like a miracle but it would have been nice to know about it before I laundered my husband's only white dress shirt a couple years ago up there. It came out of the rinse cycle looking brown and splotchy. No amount of bleach would cure the problem. I thought we'd have to drive 3 hours to the nearest big town to purchase HTP a new dress shirt. But, we decided to take the shirt into the laundromat in our teeny nearby town instead for one last attempt at washing...but first we stopped in at the hardware store to see if they had "something" that I could add to the wash to get the stains out. "Yellow Out" worked like a miracle. I'm never without it now for those first few loads for those first two weeks until the water has had a chance to run. Now, I've been going to The Lake for years and years and years, many of those years were before I even met HTP. I know the water at The Lake and what it can do to your pipes, well-casing, and pump. I've always known that you need to run all the water in the house for hours before you can expect the water to run even somewhat clear. But the spring when we had the dress shirt incident, HTP told me this was nonsense and that we were wasting electricity and water by going through this yearly ritual. Just goes to show you...HTP is a wonderful electrical engineer but he doesn't know diddly about doing laundry. He doesn't know how to clean fish either.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Law of Government

If anything can go wrong, it will do so in triplicate.

Maah's Law

Things go right so they can go wrong.

Today's little Bit of Trivia

In 2002 John and Cecelia O'Hare sued a McDonald's restaurant in Panama City, Florida, claiming that an improperly cooked bagel damaged Mr. O'Hare's teeth...and somehow ruined their marriage as well. They sued for $15,000 in damages. (Case pending.)

No comments: