Tuesday, March 29, 2005

1 More Day and an EARLY Wake Up Before We Fly to Parris Island

Word of the Day

Terminal Illness: Getting sick at the airport.

Well, today's going to be rather hectic and I imagine it's just a precursor of the days to come. I have the pet-sitter coming over to pick up our key and the gate pass. I'm doing laundry....that's a given. I'll be packing. We leave tomorrow at 3 AM. Maybe I can catch some sleep on the plane. I still need to clear out my purse. This may be my last blog until we get back from Parris Island.

We plan to bring the laptop with us but who knows when or if I'll be able to battle our son and my husband for the usage. Not to mention that my Marine daughter may want to attack it once she gets out of there. She hasn't been able to get near a computer for three months. I imagine she's suffering withdrawal symptoms. I know that I start quivering after one day. She mentioned laptops and chocolate in her latest letter to her fiance. Her hip mustn't be bothering her too much because she's getting yelled at a lot for not using her crutches for every little thing.

Our plans once we finally arrive at Parris Island, are to look for a seafood restaurant. The Dockside has been highly recommended by people who have visited the area, so we'll try and see if we can get there before supper tomorrow. Thursday will be Family Day. We'll see our daughter get her Eagle Globe and Anchor pin that day. Needless to say, we'll be taking pictures. Lots of pictures. After the ceremony, we plan to spend the entire day with her. Or until she has to report back to the barracks at 6:30 PM. After that, we plan to meet up with some of the parents at a local Italian restaurant that is famed for its support for our Marines. Friday is Graduation Day. More pictures! After the graduation ceremony, our Marine expressed the opinion that she just wants to get off the island and out South Carolina as fast as possible. We plan to head right out to Savannah where we'll spend the night. A nice steak dinner was mentioned on our daughter's Gotta Do List, so that's what we'll have for supper that night. HTP and I will be returning to Arizona on Saturday. Our son will be flying back to his college on Saturday. Our daughter and her fiance have their own set of plans. They can be a bit more flexible with their plans but not too much. Our daughter has to report back to Parris Island after her 10 day leave. She'll be joining a BMP (Basic Marine Platoon) at Parris Island for 4 to 8 weeks or until she recovers from her hip fracture and can go on to MCT (Marine Combat Training) in North Carolina.

Murphyism of the Day

Gottlieb's Rule

The boss who attempts to impress employees with his or her knowledge of intricate details has lost sight of the final objective.

Drew's Law of Professional Practice

The client who pays the least complains the most.

No comments: