Saturday, March 19, 2005

Word of the Day

Keyboard Plaque: The disgusting buildup of dirt and crud found on computer keyboard.

I'm going to have to clean out my purse. My purse isn't really all that messy but we're going to have to brave airport security on our way to our daughter's graduation ceremony. I don't carry a big purse but I tend to amaze people when it comes to what I might have secreted inside it at any given time. The closest analogy would be that of Mary Poppins and her famous bag. My purse is smaller then hers but I use my Tetris experience when it comes to packing. Tetris wasn't around in Mary Poppins' day. My purse alone, because of its very weight, could be mistaken for a deadly weapon. Anyway, I decided that I'd better dump out everything in my purse and check the items against the Prohibited Items List that I found on the internet. Have you ever read that list? I can't even bring a pliers on board that plane! I guess I'll just have to pack all the Prohibited stuff into a bag and stow it in my check-on luggage. I refuse to wander around South Carolina or anywhere else for that matter without my tools. One never knows when one might need a screwdriver.

Murphyism of the Day

The Ultimate Principle

By definition, when you are investigating the unknown, you do not know what you will find.

No comments: