Thursday, March 17, 2005

Word of the Day

Floppy: The condition of a constant computer user's stomach due to lack of exercise and a steady diet of junk food.

Phew! Done with that worry! The Crucible is done with and by now my formerly vegetarian daughter will have stuffed her face with eggs (she hates eggs...she really does hate eggs) and steak at the Warriors Breakfast. The eating habits of a Marine Camp Recruit tend to change shortly after that first communal meal. I gather that you eat what you can get your hands on with very little time for identification. No picky eaters allowed.

It's St. Patrick's Day! For just a second I panicked because I didn't think I was wearing any green. I am wearing green so keep your pinching fingers away from me! You can't be a frog lover and not have something green in your wardrobe. I've wearing my jade frog and my socks have little green frogs on them too. I have food coloring in my pantry to color the beer but...I'm sorry...I just can't get into green beer. Yuck! I just can't bring myself to drink green beer. The only green beverage that I might be able to stomach is lime kool-aid or that wonderful minty ice cream drink, The Grasshopper. Beer just isn't supposed to be green.

I have a head of cabbage along with a nice corned beef brisket waiting to be cooked in my fridge. Supper! My Italian husband will have to suffer through my annual craving for corned beef and cabbage.

Murphyism of the Day

Disimoni's Rule of Cognition

Believing is seeing.

The Siddhartha Principle

You cannot cross a river in two strides.

Meadow's Maxim

You can't push a rope.

No comments: