Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Word of the Day

Pasteurize: Too far to see

Kool-deck update. Didn't I tell you that one of my neighbors was going to complain about all the dust? The Kool-deck people came back yesterday to finish up the kool-deck removal. They started and got maybe a three square feet portion removed when one of the neighbors screamed at them over the wall. He threatened to call the City and report the workers. I didn't see the neighbor but the workmen packed up and ran away. OK...they didn't immediately run away. They knocked on my door so they could inform me about my unhappy neighbor. The workmen promised to return today sometime with different equipment that will actually suck up the debris before it's thrown into the air after they chattered in Spanish for a while on a cell phone. I assume that they were talking to my landscaper. In the meantime, they swept up the dust and moved my grill back onto the patio. These actions actually raised a mental red flag in my mind. I have my doubts that I'll be seeing this crew for some time to come. It sure would have been nice if they'd completed the entire job before they were chased away.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Note Taking

The lead in a pencil will break in direct proportion to the importance of the notes being taken.

Second Law of Note Taking

If there is two possible ways to spell something, you will pick the wrong spelling (but as long as you understand it...who cares?)

No comments: