Friday, March 25, 2005

5 Days and a Wake Up Before We Fly to Parris Island

Word of the Day

Peppier: The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want pepper.

I'm back into jeans and long-sleeved shirt today. The temperature is only supposed to get up to 69°F today. It's in the lower 50's right now. That doesn't sound all that cold to people from snow country but it's darn cold for the desert southwest. I know that if my sister was here right now, she'd be in shorts. I'm tempted to put on my winter jacket.

I ordered my vegetable plants for back in Wisconsin. This morning the growers confirmed that they would delay shipment until after May 1st. Good thing. If they tried to ship out those poor plants right now, they'd be sitting on the front doorstep of our Wisconsin home in the snow. Frozen solid.

Our meeting with the customer representative for the builder went just fine. She suggested some things that we hadn't thought about. They're going to send someone out to check our roof. They're going to top off our ceiling insulation. And...they're going to check our furnace in the attic. All this in addition to the list HTP and I compiled. Work on the repairs begins after we get back from our trip to the sunny, sandflea-infested beaches of Parris Island. (Actually, the whole area is a bit swampy. Sandfleas thrive regardless and mosquitoes abound as well. There aren't any sandy beaches...as far as I know. I'll let you know if I find any.)

Murphyism of the Day

Young's Comment on Scientific Method

You can't get here from there.

No comments: