Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Word of the Day

Tentrum: A camping argument.

I finally got around to emptying my rain gauge. All almost 1/2" of rain that was deposited the other day. There's no rain in sight today. The sky is blue. The annual flowers that I planted are blooming. The water in the fountain is splashing. On occasion, I catch a glimpse of one of my elusive goldfish.

I'm hanging around the house today until the Cox Cable guy shows up. He was supposed to be here over an hour ago. I did have plans for today that didn't include hanging around the house. I want to go shopping. We're down to the last two crusts of bread in our pantry. There was enough milk to put on our cereal for breakfast. I can heat up some soup for lunch. But it might be nice to go out and get more milk and bread for tomorrows' meals.

I guess I'm not just hanging around the house today. I'm also doing the laundry. Imagine that? I'm actually doing laundry this week on Laundry Day. This isn't always the case. I try to keep things scheduled but trips to Vegas can trump and planned Laundry Day. As a matter of fact, it doesn't take much of an event to trump Laundry Day. The same holds true for Dusting Day, Toilet Cleaning Day, and Vacuuming Day. Actually, the same holds true for any Housework Day. Any excuse to be environmentally fiscal. Think of all the electricity and water that I'm saving by not cleaning.

Murphyism of the Day

Peter's Law of Substitution

Look after the molehills and the mountains will look after themselves.

No comments: