Saturday, March 05, 2005

Word of the Day

Premorseful: Knowing full well that you will be sorry for what you are going to do.

We're back in Arizona! No luck in Laughlin and no luck in Vegas. We did get lucky crossing the Dam as there was no traffic. We drove by Nowhere on our way home. We always do. Nowhere is a small isolated desert "town" on the road to Vegas. People drive from all over to get their pictures taken in Nowhere. They can finally answer the question, "Where did you go?" with an honest reply. "Nowhere."

Shortly after passing Nowhere, we hit a spot of rain. More then a spot really. We got hard rain (hail), mixed with semi-hard rain (slush), and really big drops of rain. It tends to upset some drivers in Arizona when it rains. I don't mind it but rain doesn't hold too many mysteries for me. Despite the rain that we apparently received while HTP and I were in Vegas, my new rain gauge refused to acknowledge any significant amount. Either that or it all evaporated before anyone could dump it out.

HTP picked up the mail as soon as we got here. Thankfully, we didn't have the mail held while we were away because I got a jury questionnaire from Wisconsin. It was sent on February 24th to our Birchwood post office and then forwarded to us here in Arizona. I had 10 days to reply back. I hope I don't get whacked with that $500 fine for not returning my questionnaire on time. At least they allowed me to answer online...so maybe I squeaked in under the wire. I tried.

Making a Marine Update

Jackpot! We got a letter from our daughter at bootcamp! She passed her rifle qualification! Yes! A letter from our soon-to-be Marine means more to us then any Jackpot in Vegas. I think we can finally make our airline reservations so we can go see our daughter graduate.

Murphyism of the Day

Collins' Conference Principle

The speaker with the most monotonous voice speaks after the big meal.

No comments: