Monday, March 07, 2005

Word of the Day

Submission: Underwater warship on patrol.

I've spent the entire day hiding in our guest room and walking the dogs. Painters. They masked off the entire living room, kitchen and my bedroom after they moved furniture. We had to have painters come so they could paint the ceilings that we had to have refloated. I should have known that there would be a problem when the painters asked in halting English, what we needed to have painted. I hate that. I mean. Someone sent them over here to paint something and they didn't bother to tell them what it was that they were supposed to paint? Well, now the job is done. AHHHHH!!!!!! They had better not send this crew back to fix this mess. The ceilings are all streaky and they forgot a whole section near the back wall of my bedroom. Then...they had to borrow some of my paint that I have for the walls because when they took down the plastic, they smeared white paint all over my walls. After they left, I saw that they'd tracked paint on my carpet, smeared paint on my front door, and they'd slopped paint on my ceiling fans, and my husband's surround sound speakers. Why would I want these idiots back inside my house? I felt like I spent the day with The Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy...but in Spanish with English subtitles and there were more then just two or three of these guys. And now I have a call in to our customer representative, who I've never actually met, and she hasn't called us back yet. Lovely.

OK. Our representative just called. She's coming over tomorrow with the painting supervisor and she promises me that all will be fixed. I have my doubts. Somewhere in this whole disaster, I'm sure I could make up a proper Murphyism of the Day but I can't think right now. I'm sure I could if I didn't have such a headache from all these paint fumes. On the plus side, I didn't have to repell off a 47-foot tower or jog 3 miles or fight with sand fleas. I feel so much better now.

Murphyism of the Day

Peter's Theorem

Incompetence plus incompetence equals incompetence.

No comments: