Saturday, March 26, 2005

4 Days and a Wake Up Before We Fly to Parris Island

Word of the Day

Rhinoplasty: Change card for the zoo.

I went out grocery shopping yesterday so I'd have all the fixings for an Easter Brunch. Plans change. Schedules conflict. So...no more Easter Brunch. I'm making a 2 PM Easter Dinner instead. I'm going to make a prime rib roast. Garlic and pepper crusted. Along with that I'll serve fresh green beans and a salad and raw veggies for dipping. Baked potatoes...of course (HTP has to run out today and get the fixings for baked potatoes). I've got carrot cake and French Silk pie for desserts along with strawberries that I'm planning on dipping in chocolate...if I get around to it. What am I going to do with the champagne and orange juice? I think I'll start drinking that with breakfast tomorrow. Waste not, want not. I can serve it with dinner too. I was thinking about hardboiling some eggs for deviling but HTP doesn't really LOVE them and neither does my daughter. I can take 'em or leave 'em, and I have no idea what my son-in-law feels about deviled eggs. So...I think I'll just save our eggs for breakfast. HTP wants fried eggs and toast for his breakfast on Easter and I plan on humoring him. I'm going to have a bowl of raspberries with cream (aka. skim milk) . And a toasted bagel with cream cheese (lite). And I might even butter up a hot-crossed bun.

It's a gorgeous day out today. I'm back in shorts and if it warms up a bit more, I'll take off my sweater and sit outside in the sun. I'm also going to drag my patio furniture back onto the patio. The Kool-deck removal crew hasn't returned as yet and I doubt that they'll show up today. If we want to sit outside tomorrow, I'll have to bring back the chairs from their exile near the air-conditioning unit. If the weather holds, I plan to wear shorts tomorrow too.

Murphyism of the Day

Einstein's Observation

Inasmuch as the mathematical theorems are related to reality, they are not sure; inasmuch as they are sure, they are not related to reality.

No comments: