Thursday, March 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Vaguegrant: An unsure transient

The weather outside today is the reason snowbirds fly to Arizona during the winter. There isn't a cloud in the sky. I can open all my windows and enjoy a gentle breeze without running to the closet for a sweatshirt. I could sit outside in the shade of the patio without a sweatshirt or jacket. But failing that, I'm sitting at my computer next to an open window, enjoying the sound of the water dancing in my fountain as I blog. My annual flowers are all blooming and I just planted them a week ago. My star geraniums are preparing to burst out into bloom...again. My windbells are gently clanking in the breeze. Loud enough to hear but not loud enough to disturb. People are out jogging and walking. I greeted them on my way to the mailbox this morning. These are the days the snowbirds were waiting for. I suspect the golfers are all crowded on the golf course that surrounds our community. In another week the smell of citrus blossoms will hang heavily in the air. You can't beat that.

HTP took our car out to get it "maintained". Our time here in Arizona is quickly running out. The remaining time will be spent taking care of those things that need to be done before we head off to Wisconsin. Warranty work on the house, getting the car ready for the long drive back home to Wisconsin, but mainly, enjoy the time we have right now, here, in Arizona. One should never spend their entire time in anticipation for what is to come thereby losing out on the appreciation of the time that is. I may look forward to my return to Wisconsin, but I plan to take more time in appreciation for my time here in Arizona. But let's not go too crazy with this. The second the weather turns too hot...I'm outta here.

Murphyism of the Day

Peter's Prognosis

Spend sufficient time in confirming the need and the need will disappear.

No comments: