Thursday, January 05, 2006

Word of the Day

Jeescake - Really bad cheesecake.

Cold/Flu - Day 3

This morning it was all I could do to crawl out of bed after spending most of the night coughing up little bits of my lungs. I'm OK though. It's just that I wanted to pull the covers over my head and tell my Mom..."Just one more hour, let me sleep just one more hour." Except I'm the Mom and the dogs wanted to go out and HTP is sick too. I skipped breakfast and went straight for a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey.

Of course having a cold/flu should never stand in the way of shopping. #1 son wanted to go out shopping. He needed jeans, t-shirts, etc. I needed cold medication. So...off we went to Target. I got my cold medication, a Sun's t-shirt because #1 son really needed a Sun's t-shirt and then I talked #1 son out of getting a suit coat at Target. I mean, it was really ugly. I told him that if he wanted a really ugly suit coat, we could go to the Goodwill store to get one. It would be a lot cheaper. And it was. We stopped at the Goodwill store on the way to a Mervyn's and bought three suit coats (one was only $1 and the other two were $7 each) and we got some shirts too. All our purchases put together at the Goodwill store were less than the cost of the one ugly Target suit coat. We proceeded on to Mervyn's where we purchased a couple of pairs of jeans and an Italia t-shirt. On our way home, we decided that it would be nice to pick up something to eat to bring home for supper. #1 son called HTP to ask him what he'd like but HTP told us that he wasn't hungry so we were to go and eat without him. Brick Oven Pizza. Very good. And then...home.

I'm going to go take me cold medication now and toddle off to bed for a few hours. I'll have to get up to let the dogs out but I think I've had enough fun for one day. I'm not being sarcastic. It just sounds like that. I did have fun. I'd have had more fun without the cold/flu though.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics

Things get worse under pressure.

No comments: