Saturday, January 28, 2006

Word of the Day

Limpact - The result of foot pain.

Cold/Flu - Day 26

There are certain truths in this life. One of those truths is maintenance Must Be Done. You need to maintain your car or it won't run. You need to vacuum your carpet your it won't last as long. You need to paint your house or your neighbors will complain but not before the wood on your house may need to be replaced. You need to maintain your body or you'll get sick. Sometimes you get sick anyway but that's another story. You need to maintain your hair. For me this means that I need to go get another dye job. That's for Monday. I'll get the car washed on Sunday after church.

Today, I did wardrobe maintenance that no-one will notice but me. I needed to buy unmentionables (that's undies for those who don't know what unmentionables are) and socks.
My unmentionables had developed the unforgivable habit of creeping...or migrating...or whatever you want to call it. I might as well have been wearing those thong things that embarrass #1 son so much. My socks decided that they'd prefer to slip down around my ankles and into my shoes. So, maintenance was the order of the day. This was a solo shopping trip. HTP decided that I could handle this sort of maintenance on my own.

Murphyism of the Day

Lee's Law

It takes less time to do something right than it takes to explain why you did it wrong.

No comments: