Friday, January 13, 2006

Word of the Day

Knee-mail - Praying.

Cold/Flu - Day 11

My cold/flu is at the point where my nose is so clear that it almost hurts to breath. It's almost like that feeling you get after you crunch up a strong peppermint candy and then take a deep breath. It's almost painful. And it feels so cold. I'm still coughing. Someone told me that they're still coughing from this cold/flu and it's been a month. I sure hope it doesn't take that long to lose the cough.

Arizona daughter and her hubby are heading off to Vegas today. She and her husband rarely have time off together these days. Both of them work many overtime hours. I know that they're looking forward to these next three days together. Good luck in Vegas!

#1 son is spending his last full day here in Arizona with his Arizona friends. He'll be flying off to the cold and college tomorrow night. We won't see him again until the spring when we return to Wisconsin.

DD daughter called yesterday. She promised me that from now on she'll call more often so that I can get out of the habit of assuming that there's something wrong everytime she calls. She's doing fine and I pray that I'm not jinxing it by mentioning it in my blog. See the following Murphyism for my reason on that fear. I think that the following Murphyism qualifies as one of those How to Speak Minnesotan Laws. Do you really think I'd have this cold/flu if I hadn't mentioned that I was feeling fine?

Murphyism of the Day

The Unspeakable Law

As soon as you mention something,

--if it's good, it goes away.
--if it's bad, it happens.

No comments: