Saturday, January 14, 2006

Word of the Day

Knewborn - Very smart baby.

Cold/Flu - Day 12

As long as I'm coughing, I'm still going to claim to have a cold/flu. I don't care. That doesn't mean that I plan to put a hold on life. I think it's safe for me to start living again. Shopping again. Having fun again. Of course, to me, fun is curling up in the sun with a good book to read.

#1 son is packing up the last of his stuff. He leaves for the airport tonight after supper. His flight has been delayed. That's twice now. He was supposed to leave this afternoon but they rescheduled his flight for tonight. And now it's been delayed another hour beyond that...at least. It should make his arrival back at the dorm interestingly late. "That's OK, Mom. I didn't have any plans anyway."

I ordered sub-zero hibiscus plants on the internet. They're not supposed to be affected by frost, or freezing temps to -20°F. My hibiscus here were really hurt this winter by the unusually cold temperatures. I'm hoping that these will prove to be more resilient. I got a confirmation from the grower that they won't have any problems with the desert heat either....we'll see about that. I thought it was worth a try since six plants cost less than the one that I'd have to purchase from a local grower to replace the ones that died over the winter. I'll keep you posted.

Murphyism of the Day

Nonreciprocal Laws of Expectations

Negative expectations yield negative results.

Positive expectations yield negative results.

No comments: