Saturday, January 21, 2006

Word of the Day

Larkalicious - Something that is incredibly fun.

Cold/Flu - Day 19

OK. If I'm not better by Monday or Tuesday, I'll think about seeing a doctor. Satisfied? I'm getting better. Really. Anyway, I didn't actually promise Arizona daughter that I'd go see a doctor. I told her I'd think about it. See? I'm keeping my promise. I'm thinking about it. Hopefully, I'll be all better real soon and I won't have to think about it anymore.

I went shopping at IKEA with Arizona daughter. She and her hubby are decorating their apartment on a budget. She made good progress at IKEA last night. IKEA is delivering a couch, an entertainment center, a computer desk and a CD tower to their apartment today. Everything is is pieces but have screwdriver, have furniture. Gotta love IKEA when it comes to decorating on a budget. I, in turn, bought some new pillows. HTP and I needed new pillows and you just couldn't beat the price.

After shopping at IKEA until I was ready to drop, Arizona daughter and I went to The Cheesecake Factory for supper. When we got to The Cheesecake Factory, we changed our plans. Stupid me! I'd forgotten that it was Friday. That's something that you tend to do when you're retired and all your kids have flown the nest. Fridays just don't have the same meaning as they used to have. Weekends just aren't the same. On the plus side, Mondays aren't nasty anymore either. I kind of like weekdays now. It makes shopping and going to Vegas lots more pleasant when everyone is either working or at school...except me. Anyway, we changed our minds about going to The Cheesecake Factory. We went to Wildflower Bread Company instead. We ate enormous salads and shared a sandwich and guzzled ice tea at half the cost of what we'd have paid at The Cheesecake Factory and there weren't tons and tons of people.

Murphyism of the Day

Tussman's Law

Nothing is as inevitable as a mistake whose time has come.

No comments: