Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Word of the Day

Lefterly - Moving in a lefterly direction when you're not sure whether you mean east or west.

Cold/Flu - Day 23

OK. I've spent a total of $75 in deductibles because I made a promise to Arizona daughter. I went to see the doctor. He was busy so I actually got to see the Nurse Practitioner. Whatever. I imagine before all this is over with, I will eventually get to meet the doctor. My temperature was 98°F. I weigh way too much but no-one said anything. I got prodded. I had to pee in a cup. I hate that. I got sent to get an X-ray. Front and side. I could have told them that I don't have pneumonia but then they wouldn't have been able to collect the $45 co-pay. I had to schedule an ultrasound but the soonest that they could get me in was February 6th. I suppose I'll have to co-pay another $45 for that. I have to go get my blood tested but I can't do that until I've fasted. That means, no food or water or anything after midnight tonight. I can go see the vampire village tomorrow. I have no idea how much my co-pay for that will be. Oh well....that's for tomorrow. I'm done for now. They want to check to make sure I don't have anything like gall stones, liver disease, kidney problems, whatever. I have a cold/flu but what would be the fun of looking for something related to that? I'm surprised they didn't check to see if I had any broken bones or malaria or something equally exotic. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut because I've got the feeling that that still may come to pass. Doctors don't want to let you alone until they find something....anything. In the meantime? Any bets as to whether or not I'll get sick from all the sickies in the waiting room. That'll be nice. Do I have to start the count at Day 1 again if I do? I think I'll wait until the pain in my side goes away first and hope that whatever those runny nosed, cough up a lung, sickies in the waiting room had wasn't too contagious. I hate going to see doctors. And I have to go out and let someone suck blood out of my arm tomorrow. I wonder how much they'll want. Two vials? Anyone else have any guesses?

Murphyism of the Day

Evans and Bjorn's Law

No matter what goes wrong, there is always somebody who knew it would.

No comments: