Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Word of the Day

Kongquest - The act or process of conquering by a large gorilla.

Cold/Flu - Day 15

Laundry Day. Enough said. HTP and I are going to have to cover the trees again tonight. It froze last night. 28°F. It's supposed to get just as cold tonight.

I'm getting older. I realize that everyone gets older. They say that we start dying on the day that we're born. Sometimes I forget about my age but then stuff happens to "gently" remind me of the fact that I just can't expect my body to keep up with the abilities that I took for granted at a younger age. Yesterday, HTP and I were covering the trees. When I was young, I used to be able to easily judge distances. I used to be physically capable of jumping down from a four-foot ledge, maintaining balance. No biggy. Now? Nope. Can't do it. Thankfully, I didn't break anything when I innocently jumped down from that four-foot ledge. I got whacked up long side the head and have a headache to remind me but nothing more damaged than my pride. No 911 calls needed. No blood. OWWWW!!!!! Just a headache. No concussion.

A friend wants us to hike the red rocks in Vegas this February. I was thinking, until yesterday, that it would be fun. Now? Maybe not. I don't think I want any more "gentle" reminders of my age.

Good News! HTP and I managed to cover the trees tonight with no life-threatening injuries. I didn't jump off a 4-foot ledge and I didn't hit my head on the patio post. I was careful. I'm still disgusted that I can't jump off a 4-foot ledge with any grace or safety anymore.

Murphyism of the Day

McDonald's Corollary to Murphy's Law

In any given set of circumstances, the proper course of action is determined by subsequent events.

No comments: