Thursday, January 26, 2006

Word of the Day

Lickitysplat - Going really fast then suddenly crashing into something.

Cold/Flu - Day 24

And you thought mosquitoes were nasty. I only had to give two vials of blood but that's more than enough to feed a whole generation of mosquitoes. I was more than ready for a cup of coffee after my fasting. We went to the new Village Inn for breakfast. After all our experience, you'd think we'd have learned NEVER to go to a newly opened restaurant. The pot of coffee that they brought us was just enough for two tiny cups of coffee. We had to beg for a second pot of coffee and it too was filled with two tiny cups of coffee. I asked for the 5 oz. steak and egg breakfast. Eggs basted. My breakfast came with over hard eggs and an over-cooked piece of meat. I sent it back. I wanted rare steak and if I wanted a hard cooked egg, I would have asked for it. The waitress looked like she really wished she wasn't working. Oh well...the second attempt worked out fine. She even made a mistake and ordered me the 10 oz. steak. I only ate 5 oz. but HTP got a taste. I suppose that you've noticed that by going out to eat, we really cheated on our diet. Hey! I needed to replenish after my fast and this was brunch. Besides, I NEEDED coffee! NOW! I'll make diet fare for supper.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Law of Topology

The shortest distance between two points is a downward spiral.

No comments: