Friday, January 20, 2006

Word of the Day

Laprosy - Loss of use of legs while using a lap-top.

Cold/Flu - Day 18

Our internet is up and running again. Dare I hope that it'll stay that way? I don't know what the problem has been since Tuesday but (knock on wood) I think it's fixed. One can only hope.

One thing about not having the internet is that I've had a chance to do a lot of reading. The other day I got an email letting me know that I'll be judging again for the Golden Quill awards. I'm not sure what books I'll be judging but with any luck I'll have an opportunity to read some books that I haven't already bought and read. One of the nice things about this judging is that I don't have to pay for the books that I'm judging. Last year I'd already bought and read two of the books that I had to judge. Argh! This year I'm going to try and stay away from the bookstore so I don't make this mistake again.

The weather here has turned cold again. HTP and I had been doing so good about covering the trees. However, last night we erred. It froze and there wasn't any warning of it so we didn't cover the trees. Sigh. It's supposed to get colder tonight. HTP and I will cover the trees again tonight. I just hope that our efforts aren't like that poor man who locked the barn door after the horses had already escaped.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Uncertainty Principle

You can know something has gone wrong only when you make an odd number of mistakes.

No comments: