Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Word of the Day

Kickabite - The cyberspace bytes in a long, cerebral email with weighty content.

Cold/Flu - Day 8

NyQuil Dreams. I decided to take NyQuil last night because my experience has been that all too often people, when they start getting better, tend to stop taking a decongestant and then they end up with a whopping ear infection. So...because my ear was already twinging, I took NyQuil before heading to bed. And then I found myself in the middle of a full length, B horror movie in living color. Yes, I dream in color.

This was a really weird dream. I didn't know a soul in this B movie. No family members. No cars that I recognized. I'm in a old beat up red four door car. Dusty. There's four of us in the car. As we're driving down the road, I notice this really neat van that has been converted into a monster truck. It looks like a real live bull...all metallic dark blue with a full set of horns. Wow! It was like a piece of art. We continue on down the road and there's another conversion van, same theme but it looked like it wasn't quite done yet. A work in progress. The bull was there but it hadn't been painted as yet. Cool. We drove on down the road and there's another conversion van. A bull, but it's all chipped and all of a sudden it's chasing after us. It's trying to run us off the road, ramming us. We drive off the road into this flat area that looks like it's been set up with wooden stands etc...kind of like a fair grounds extra parking area. The grass is all dried and I'm kicking up dust as we all bail out of the car. The bull conversion hits the car and really bangs it up, rolling it. We're running. The bull conversion then heads off toward the stands and hits the stands. People are falling all over, screaming, blood. I grab this kid and I'm running to get out of the way. We're running. And then we're at this huge building which looks like a business where they sell converted, souped up cars. Muscle cars. It's owned by a huge family of Mexican-Americans. I told you, I don't know any of these people. Anyway, I warn them about this bull conversion van gone nuts. A real whacko. So we all buckle down and start figuring out how to protect ourselves and get ready to take this guy down. And sure enough, here comes the Bull conversion. Smashing, and ramming. I'm trying to keep these people safe but they keep popping up and making targets of themselves. And all of a sudden thousands of people are taking shelter in this building and they're really stupid. That first bull conversion van shows up to join in the destruction. I see banners and it's like it's some sort of sporting show. People are screaming but they're cheering too. Kind of like a bull fight. An elderly woman comes out for inside the building, telling anyone who would listen that she can't get the gas to turn off. She was heating up a pot of tea. I hustle her back into the interior of the building and safety and check out the gas. It's one of those electric hot plates. I tell her to unplug the dang thing. And then I reach down and unplugged it. Argh! The dream continues. All of a sudden some whacko is chasing me through the building. He's huge and he's a bad guy. I'm running. As I run, I'm searching for something, anything, to protect myself. Nothing. And then...I find this small nail file. I start stabbing at him with it. I'm not winning but all of a sudden two guys run into the room and spear the bad guy. I jump up and we're all running and then...And then....

My phone rang. Really. My phone rang and woke me up. It kinda made me mad because the caller-ID said that it was some research outfit. I grabbed the phone but whoever had hung up. Darn it. I wanted to finish seeing my B movie dream. I mean, it was really weird.

I'm feeling better and maybe I'll avoid the NyQuil tonight.

Murphyism of the Day

Zymurgy's Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics

Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can.

No comments: