Sunday, January 08, 2006

Word of the Day

Jocular vein - A humor-sensitive part of the body (near the funny-bone).

Cold/Flu - Day 6

Sneezy. Just call my Sneezy. Do you all remember that old joke where someone asks, "Is your refrigerator running?" and when you answer, "Yes." The quick reply was, "Well, you'd better hurry up and catch it before it gets away." Ha-ha. OK. Now think of my poor nose running down the street with my chasing after it. I know. I'm starting to sound delirious. Actually, I'm feeling a tad better today. It dawned on me that since I was spending so much time in bed, there really wasn't any good reason NOT to take NyQuil gel caps during the day since the goal was to sleep. Today, I stole my DayQuil back from #1 son since he doesn't seem to need it anymore. I'm tired of sleeping and the NyQuil makes me walk around in a fog and look like I'm suffering from old-timer's disease. The only bad thing is that I have to take the DayQuil every four hours and it seems to wear off at around 3 hours. So, between the third and fourth hours, my nose is flowing like Niagara Falls and in between the times I'm blowing my nose and rubbing off all the skin in the surrounding areas, I'm sneezing. One interesting fact about sneezing. You can't keep your eyes open and sneeze at the same time. Oh...and did you know that you can't lick your elbow?

Murphyism of the Day

Pudder's Law

Anything that begins well ends badly.

Anything that begins badly ends worse.

No comments: