Thursday, April 29, 2004

1 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we walk away from the old house never to see it again)

Tomorrow we won't own the old house anymore and I'll have to start another header for my blog. I'll think on it. I haven't been very good about keeping count. I think my next header will be a countdown for the time left before we can head to Wisconsin and The Lake.

Today is HTP and my wedding anniversary. We've been married 26 years. Happy Anniversary to us! We're not going to celebrate right now. Things are still too busy and messy here. Maybe I'll go out and get some steaks for the grill and chill some champagne. We'll celebrate our anniversary next month when things settle down a bit.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

In reference to that bizarre creature, the moose, "Captain John Smith, one of the original leaders at Jamestown, wrote accounts of the colony and life in Virginia, in which he defined the creature as Moos, a beast bigger than a stagge. Moos was from Natick (Indian) dialect and probably derived from moosu, 'he trims, he shaves,' a reference to the way the animal rips the bark and lower branches from trees while feeding." (From The Chronology of Words and Phrases, by Linda and Roger Flavell)

No comments: