Thursday, April 22, 2004

9 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

The Movers Arrived. Let the Unpacking Commence.

Our movers arrived yesterday at 9 AM and immediately called in for reinforcements. With the additional help, they were finally able to move all but the smallest tidbits from the old house to this new house by 11:30 PM. It took three trips and we made them put together the beds, the china buffet, the dining room table, my computer desk, the entertainment center (the furniture, not the electronics) and at least part of HTP's huge monster of an office desk. I think it was that desk that finally made them throw in the towel. Move day wasn't too tramatic, just hectic and there was that dust devil that hit during that first trip so we had to shovel all that sand out of the garage...but other then that I just felt like I'd been beaten up and dragged through the bushes backward.

My computer system is up and running. This is only because HTP couldn't mess with his system because his desk is still in pieces and our son left for his jazz competition in Reno last night at 8 PM. I am thankful that I have my system up and running. I just have to figure out how to get HTP's desk assembled again so he won't drive me insane everytime I want to use the computer.

Unpacking has commenced. Thankfully unpacking is a bit easier then packing. At least it is when I can find the boxes that I want which are buried under other boxes of stuff that I don't want...yet.

No comments: