Friday, April 02, 2004

29 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

We closed on the new house this morning. Of course, with the rain that was coming down, we were only able to verify that the interior checklist of "things to fix" were fixed...kind of. We still have calico cabinets but I've been told that they will try their best to take care of me. I'm not holding my breath. Thankfully, there was one other female (a saleslady) at the walk through who agreed with me that the cabinets are "calico". We signed all kinds of papers and we now have the keys to our new house. They gave us a gift. Toilet paper, paper towels, a canvas bag, some bottled water and some snacks. Actually, I thought that was far more practical then the coffee mugs that we got from Coventry. We have our gate cards for getting into the developement too and a whole lot of reading material. I can now start moving things into the new house...but I won't. Not yet. The wall construction starts tomorrow morning. After the dust settles I'll start bringing stuff into the new house.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

America's Founding Fathers were vehemently opposed to the idea of political parties. England's political parties seemed to spend their time battling one another instead of working together to advance the national interest, and the Founding Fathers hoped to avoid that.

No comments: