Monday, April 12, 2004

19 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

8 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)


After taking the day off yesterday (a day off from packing and moving but still busy with company and cooking so I guess you really can't call it a "day off"), I'm eager to get back at the packing and moving. I still have a lot to do. After breakfast I will start loading up the car with another load of stuff for the new house. I'll spend most of the day tomorrow packing as I do laundry.

*****

Another full day later and the window coverings are all installed. Another load of boxes have been taken to the new house. And we've got yet another security company screw up that needs to be fixed. I offer up a silent prayer that HTP doesn't kill one of these guys and that I can eventually get everything all packed up into boxes and moved over to the new house before the movers come to move the big stuff and failing that, that I can at least get everything all packed into boxes so the movers can move it along with the big stuff. Tomorrow is another day. Laundry day. I'm sure I can pack up tons of stuff tomorrow...between loads. Unfortunately, I'm running out of boxes.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

CIA Toys

It looks like a felt-tip marker but it is really a blister-causing weapon. Don't mistake this pen for your Sharpie, and be careful: you wouldn't want it leaking in your pocket. A little over three inches long, the marker distributes an ointment that creates blisters on the skin. In order to activate the applicator, press the tip down on a service for one minute--then simply apply a thin coating of the colorless oil over any area, such as a keyboard or door handle. The ointment will penetrate clothing and even shoes, and will cause temporary blindness if it comes in contact with the eyes. Blisters will cover the skin wherever contact is made within 24 hours and will last for about a week.

No comments: