Saturday, April 24, 2004

7 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

Unpacking continues. My two missing shelves have been recovered. I can now finish unpacking my kitchen. I also plan to unpack all the boxes of stuff that needs to be put back in my desk. That should take all day.

I've got to introduce my dogs to the dog next door. I'm a bit reluctant because that schnauzer is a bit rambunctious and she outweighs my chihuahuas by quite a bit. Maybe I'll just try the bark collar thing again for a while.

I'm going to try and stay off my feet today. Stupid me, I cut the bottom of my foot yesterday on some broken glass from a light bulb. Yup. Stupid me dropped a light bulb and not only broke it but stepped on it with bare feet. Then to add insult to injury, I had to clean up all the blood that I dripped all over the place. I'll probably get some weird disease too because, as my mother would say, I was definitely a member of the "black foot" tribe at the time of the injury. I shudder to think of all the tiny little germs having a hayday right now on the bottom of my poor foot. I suppose I should be wearing shoes today but when have I ever liked wearing shoes and besides. My foot feels a lot better with nothing touching it.

No comments: