Sunday, April 11, 2004

20 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

9 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)

Here comes Peter Cottontail. Hopping down the bunny trail. Happy Easter Everyone! I'd write more but I have to get to church before the sun comes up.

*****

OK. I'm awake now. Really. Not. At least I'm back from church and I've had breakfast. It was so cold on the patio where we played for the sunrise service that my clarinet wouldn't stay in tune and my wedding and anniversary rings kept slipping and sliding on my fingers so they would get in my way. We sounded alright but thank goodness for the most forgiving "audience" one could have. My son played his trumpet for the 9:15 AM service. He got to play inside. I think the church's neighbors may have complained the last time they were awakened by trumpets in the morning. The rest of my day will have nothing to do with the new house or packing. It's Easter! I'm going to make a ham, German potato salad, green beans and a tossed salad. And for dessert, we're having strawberry sundaes.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

More CIA Toys

It looks like a pencil but it's a .22-caliber pistol. Like the cigarette gun (see April 10th Blog), this comouflaged .22 comes preloaded with a single shot. The weapon is fired in the same manner as the cigarette: simply turn the pencil's eraser counter-clockwise and squeeze. The only difference between the weapons is that the pencil has a greater firing distance--up to 30 feet.

No comments: