Saturday, April 17, 2004

14 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

4 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)

Woohoo! I miscounted! I have one whole more day to pack then I thought I had! Break out the champagne! Relax! Take a break! I can sit down and put my feet up. Like that's gonna happen! Panic has set in! I've become delirious. I need more boxes! HTP is going to drop me off at the new house so I can finish up in the kitchen to free up some boxes. While I'm doing that, he's going to go dispose of some toxic waste from our garage (we tend to stockpile that sort of thing) and get more boxes. But first we need to load up the car with all kinds of stuff. There is a rule. Never go over to the new house without a full load of stuff that needs to go over there. I'm sure I can dig up something to take over there.

Speaking of digging...I need to dig up the milk cactus from my backyard and put it into a pot to bring over to the new house. The milk cactus is mine. They can't have it. It's an heirloom. I also need to dig up some of my aloe. That's an heirloom too but I only need a small bunch. It's managed to be very fruitful and multiply so I can't take the whole thing. Unfortunately the milk cactus has grown a bit too since I planted it. Should be interesting to see me out there trying to uproot it.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Physicists at the University of Nijmegen in the Netherlands released a report in 2000 on their study of diamagnetics, during which they claimed to have "levitated" a frog, a grasshopper, a pizza....and a sumo wrestler. I wish they were here right now to levitate these heavy packed boxes of "stuff".

No comments: