Thursday, April 15, 2004

16 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

5 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)

Happy Tax Day! I hope you got your taxes done.

On this tax day, April 15th, 2004 (my taxes are in the mail), I'm concentrating on packing up most of my kitchen today. Tomorrow is the day that my new appliances are being delivered to the new house. Anyone who knows anything about such deliveries knows that the delivery people will never tell you exactly when to expect them. My window is sometime between 8 AM and 5 PM. This could mean that I'd have to spend an entire day out at the new house. I figure that if I pack up my kitchen today and take it out there, tomorrow I can unpack the kitchen stuff and organize my new kitchen while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the delivery people (and the concrete people we want to come fix our driveway). I suppose you could call it an advanced form of thumb twiddling. I can't take my entire kitchen over there today. I still have to cook because we all need to eat. Life must go on even if we are split between two houses right now.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A 2003 study carried out by scientists at Edinburgh University found that fish feel pain. (So do plants, I've heard. I still have to eat something.)

No comments: