Saturday, April 10, 2004

21 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

10 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)


I ran out of bubblewrap again! Ahhh! OK. That does it! I'm going to resort to the old tried and true use of newpaper wrapping. It may not be the cleanest method but it works. I used up all my extra towels so it'll just have to be newpaper time.

You may have noticed that I seem to have nothing to say about anything but packing, moving, and all that is related to the new house. This may be true. Sorry. Get used to it. Life may be going on around me but my world right now is focused almost completely on "The Move".

However, I do have to get to church at 4:30 AM tomorrow because I play at the sunrise service for Easter. I have no idea what I'll be wearing tomorrow, other then it won't be jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. My son has to play at the 9:15 AM service. I'm making a ham dinner with German potato salad and green beans, mixed green salad, and whole wheat rolls. I bought all the fixings yesterday. I plan to have "lupper" (a word combination made up from the words "lunch" and "supper") on the table by 2 PM. I could have used the word "lunner" but then people may have thought I meant "lunar". I try to avoid controversy and confusion at all times.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Toys of the CIA

It looks like a cigarette but it's really a .22-caliber gun. This brand of cigarette packs a powerful puff. Intended as an escape tool, the weapon only carries a single round, but with good aim it can inflict a lethal wound from close range. To fire the cigarette, the operator must twist the filtered end counterclockwise, then squeeze the same end between the thumb and forefinger.
Warning: Don't shoot the weapon in front of your face or body--it has a nasty recoil.

No comments: