Sunday, April 04, 2004

27 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

After concidering the matter for about 10 seconds, I decided not to consign my furniture with Terri's Consign and Design. If it comes right down to it, I'd rather donate it to the Goodwill. I'd get more for tax right off then they were going to give me to sell it. I'll probably give it to my "in-town" daughter since it would be too hard to transport it cross country to Mink.
We took another load of stuff over to the new house last night. We've got a mailbox out there now too, complete with key. It'll be interesting to see how much will fit into that tiny mailbox.
I finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown last night. I couldn't put it down. I definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a good read. On a side note, I don't think that I'll be discussing it anytime soon with my Catholic husband. Though it isn't a book that I would normally choose to read, I may have to see if I like any other books by that author. Angels & Demons might be interesting.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

*Toy stores in the United States and Great Britain started selling a new action figure in 2001: Invisible Jim. Like other action figures, Invisible Jim is packaged in a box of clear plastic and colorful cardboard. The only difference is that there's nothing in the box. The makers of the "toy" say it's good for kid's imaginations and perfect for "anyone with a sense of humor".
"We get the odd phone call from someone who says, 'We got an Invisible Jim but he must have fallen out. Could you send me another doll?'." said distributor Chris Marler, adding, "When we got the first shipment, we weren't sure it had actually arrived."

*Taken from Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader.

No comments: