Friday, April 16, 2004

15 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

4 Days Before the Movers (I have to have everything packed!)

Good News! My movers told me that there wouldn't be any problem taking a load of stuff over to my daughter's place on move day (not Mink...that's a bit far at $50/hr). That means I can concentrate on packing and moving small stuff this weekend instead of moving huge objects that don't even fit in my car over to her place which would mean repeated trips and bungy cords. This may just all come together afterall though I still don't have a clue where to put all this stuff.

My appliances are being delivered sometime between 11 AM and 2 PM. That's my delivery window. I suppose it narrows the time down somewhat. Usually all one gets from delivery people is a window anywhere from 6 AM to 7 PM and heaven help you if you aren't there when they get there because they leave. Heaven help you even if you are there and don't hear them knock on the door before they run away. They do that on Fridays.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

In 1994 the Japanese meteorological agency concluded a seven-year study into whether or not earthquakes are caused by catfish wiggling their tails. They're not. What a relief! And besides, everyone knows that earthquakes are really caused by crickets and cicadas.

No comments: