Tuesday, April 06, 2004

25 Days Before Closing (The time that remains before we have to get out of this house)

Woohoo! I feel really guilty but woohoo! I get to stay home and do laundry! I know that seems a bit of a strange thing to crow about but I have the benefit of knowing how much chaos there will be at the new house today. The wall will be finishing up. The garage cabinets will be installed. The phone will be installed. The security system will be installed. The exterior wall will be installed. The neighbors will be over there closing on their new house so I expect they'll be popping in and out. I failed to tell you that we were visited by two sets of existing neighborhood neighbors yesterday. And I just got a call from the painter. He'll be there too. HTP just left to go to the new house. A warrior going into battle. I promised that I would join the frey as soon as the laundry is finished or as soon as our son can give me a ride over there after school. Whichever comes sooner. If the laundry isn't done before our son gets home from school, it'll have to wait until later tonight. I feel guilty. I guess I'll have to pack up a few boxes of stuff here while I'm doing the laundry. No excuses now. The painting will be done and we'll be able to move a lot more stuff over.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Do you live in a haunted house? Ultraviolet, a company in England, offers "Spooksafe" insurance policies that will pay up to $100,000 for "death, injury,or damage to personal effects caused by a ghost or poltergeist." (Or aliens.) And if you can prove medically that you've been transformed into a vampire or werewolf, the policy pays $1 million. According to Simon Burgess, chief underwriter, the company has already paid out on one ghost-related murder. "We had a firm of investigators look into it," he said, "and they were convinced that a ghost was responsible."

No comments: